Leadership Pay Range L1-L6 (£44,305 - £50,122)
Required September 2023
The governors of Our Lady and All Saints Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and talented Deputy Headteacher to work alongside our hardworking, dedicated team and support and assist the Headteacher in the continued strategic development of the school.
Our school is set in the small rural village of Parbold in West Lancashire. We are well known locally for being a very friendly, inclusive school and are keen to maintain this reputation. As we are a small school, our staff are acutely aware of each child's strengths, talents and needs. We are recognised in the local authority as a high performing school; in both our most recent Ofsted and Archdiocesan inspections, we were graded outstanding. At Our Lady and All Saints, we have high expectations of all and strive for excellence in all we do; aiming to develop every child to the best of their ability in all areas.
We are looking for Deputy Headteacher who:
- has a strong faith, a passion for pastoral care and who will support the school’s distinctive Catholic ethos
- is an outstanding classroom practitioner with the ability to inspire and set high standards and expectations in all aspects of school and community life while making learning fun and creative for all
- has experience of teaching across Key Stage 2 and a working knowledge and understanding of Key Stage 1 and the Early Years Foundation Stage
- has the skills and knowledge to monitor, evaluate, report on and influence whole school improvement
- has excellent organisational skills to enable effective contribution to strategic development, day-to-day running and maintain high quality teaching
- demonstrates drive, experience and creativity to build on our current high standards of teaching through continuous school improvement
- is committed to the safeguarding, welfare and wellbeing of children and staff
- has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and develop strong professional relationships with colleagues, governors, parents, children and the wider community; modelling high levels of professionalism, commitment and integrity
- is a flexible team player with a cheerful disposition and a good sense of humour
- will strive to make a positive difference to the lives of all of our pupils
- will go the extra mile, bringing something additional to the school
- exceptionally well-behaved pupils who love to learn and strive to be the best they can be in all aspects of their education
- a friendly, professional, committed and supportive staff team
- a headteacher and governors who will support you in this role
- a hardworking and forward-thinking school with a culture of high expectations
- the opportunity to develop our bespoke, rich, diverse and broad curriculum
- extensive outdoor space which includes a woodland area for learning in the forest
- extensive opportunities for continuing professional development
- a warm and caring school family which includes our school dog, Buddy
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to visit school. To arrange a visit, please contact Mrs Andrews – School Bursar – on 01257 462466.
Closing date for applications: Monday 13th March at 9am
Shortlisting: Wednesday 13th March
Lesson observations: week beginning 20th March
Pre-interview day: Monday 27th March
Interview: Tuesday 28th March
Please note CVs are not accepted. To apply for this vacancy, please complete the CES application form available on Lancashire County Council’s Teacher Vacancies website. Applications should be returned to the headteacher, Mr. Shaun Kearon, at: email@example.com.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful, you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application. Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.